BlueBird Card Activate:
The American Express Company often referred to as Amex is a multinational corporation which is specialized in payment card services. It was founded in the year 1850, and is headquartered in New York City, United States. In this article we will discuss about the Amex Bluebird card which is a reloadable prepaid card, but before getting there we will see the features of the card, and then move into the activation.
Features of the Amex Bluebird card:
- This card comes with zero fee annual maintenance and has no purchase transaction fee.
- There are a numerous ways in which you can add money to the card that includes direct deposit and also cash reloads at Walmart registers.
- You can have access to free ATM networks of more than 30,000 MoneyPass ATMs.
- Getting money from the MoneyPass ATMs is free of charge, but if you get money from the other ATMs, then you have to pay $2.50 as a fee.
- You will get alerts on having low balance and also family subaccount.
- There is no fee required for the foreign transaction and no fee for the activation procedure.
- You can pay the bills with the Bluebird card with no added fee, and you can also get the checks free of cost.
- Upon having a bluebird card, you can set up to four more accounts of the family members. You can keep a check and set the limit on the money which is spend, and this is a great feature if the teens are added to the account.
- The card comes with a zero liability, i.e. if any unauthorized transactions are made, you will not have to pay for it.
- There is no fee for the set up when you are signing for the card online.
Opening a Bluebird Account:
There are certain ways in which you can have an account. They are as follows –
- The Setup Kit – this is the most common way where you have to get the Walmart Bluebird account setup kit. You can get it for $5 and is easily available at every Walmart Store.
- The website – you can also get a Bluebird card by visiting the site addressed bluebird.com and registering. To get the permanent card, you have to follow the few steps –
- First you have to go to bluebird.com.
- Then you have to click on Open an Account button which is present at the top.
- Then you have to enter the information which will be asked by the site where you have to fill the email, address, name, phone number and date of birth.
- Then you have to enter the Social Security Number, and there is no issue for the credit check as this company do not check the credit of the applicant, and click on next.
- Then you have to set up a password and the ATM PIN and then a security question to get back the account if somehow you forget.
When you are done, you have to wait for about a week to get the card by mail. If you do not get the card within two weeks, then you have to make a call on the number 1-877-486-5990 and report the problem.
- Mobile app – you can also create an account using the mobile app, and for that you have to install the app from the particular app store depending on the device. after you have launched the application, you have to follow the steps –
- You have to click on the Register Now link which is present at the bottom of the login section.
- Upon directed to the next screen, you have to confirm that whether you have a temporary card or not, and you have to click on the option No.
- Then you have to enter the details as mentioned in the website part, and then submit them.
After the account is created, you will receive the card within the 10 business days.
Guidelines to activate the Bluebird card:
- First you have to launch the web browser from your mobile or laptop and then go to the website addressed bluebird.com
- Then you have to click on the link Activate your card, which is present at the top, or directly go to bluebird.com/activate page.
- When you will see a prompt on the screen asking if you have a temporary Bluebird card, you have to click on Yes.
- Then you have to enter the details that will also include your Social Security Number.
- You have to make sure that the card is temporary, as you have to enter the 15 digit card number for further proceedings.
- Then you have to set the username and password and then create the PIN for the ATM, then click on Login button.
- Then you have to ask and answer a question so that you will be able to recover the account if you forget it.
Now, the card will be registered and you will receive the permanent card within 10 business days by mail.
App – when you are using the app, you have to install and run the app and then follow the steps:
- First you have to click on the Register Now link which is present at the bottom of the login section.
- When you will be prompted that whether you have a temporary card, you have to click on the Yes button.
- Then you have to enter the details as asked further and with that you also have to enter the 15 digit number.
Procedure to add money at the Bluebird Card:
- Walmart – you can visit the Walmart register and pay them the amount in cash that you want to top-up with. You will also be able to do the same from the retail stores, but for that you need to pay a particular fee to them which amounts to $3.95.
- Debit card transfer – you have to link your bank account to the Bluebird card and then you will be able top up from there quite freely.
Who is best for the card:
This card is best for the families who have teens and you can keep a check on how they are spending the money, and can also teach them on how to save money.
This card is also very helpful for the ones who are unable to get a bank account and is in need of the low fee alternative.
What is the difference of having a permanent card and the temporary one:
Getting a temporary is card is only applicable if you are using the kit to get the activation work done. The temporary card is useless and is only applicable for the 15 digit number and that too is not a major requirement. The temporary card only possess $5 that is the value of the kit, and if the money runs, it is of no use since you cannot refill it. So, the card is used to get the permanent one, which is the activated card, you can get a refill and spend the way you want to.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q. how much money can I add on the Bluebird Card?
Ans. you can add money up to $100,000 across the Bluebird accounts.
- Q. how can I check the balance on my Bluebird card?
Ans. you can call the customer service, or you can check online or though text. You can also swipe the card at the participating retailer’s register or you may check the receipts from the participating retailers.
- Q. will I be able to transfer money from the Bluebird card to the bank account?
Ans. yes, if you have a linked checking or savings account, then you can transfer the money from the card by logging in to the account.
This article gives you all the details that are required for the activation and the other features that you require to consider to get the card. If you follow the steps, then you can easily activate the card in any mode you like.
Bluebird Card Customer Service:
While the activation if you face any problem, or you face any other problem regarding the arrival of the card, then you can call on the number 1-877-486-5990 and report the problem and assistance you seek.