GO2Banks Cards Activation through Online Mode:
If you are thinking about taking a debit or a credit card, you can go for the card provided by the GO2Bank, which is operated by the Green Dot Corporation, which is a financial technology and bank holding company, having its headquarters in Austin. Green Dot was founded in the year 1999 by Steve Streit, which was to function as a prepaid debit card for teenagers to shop online. With a valuation of $2 billion, Green Dot went public.
Why you want to open an account in GO2Bank:
- It keeps your money safe as well as your information.
- Since the bank is a member of FDIC, thus your money is safe and they don’t keep your money with some other bank.
- They offer you mobile which make your work easy and also saves time.
- They provide you with overdraft protection for up to $200.
Cards provided by the GO2Bank:
- Secured Credit Card
- Prepaid Debit Card
Benefits of Go2Bank Secured Credit Card:
- Your credit will build up every time you use your card responsibly.
- As your credit rises, you can easily apply for the other needs of your life, which might reduce the security deposit requirements.
- A report of your payment history will be reported to 3 credit bureaus every month.
Benefits of Go2Bank Visa Debit Card:
- You don’t have to pay any fee with a direct deposit.
- One can withdraw thousands of cash for free in-network ATMs nationwide.
- You can earn over 10 times the national savings rate average. You will also receive 1% interest quarterly on savings up to $5000.
- You will receive 3% cashback when you buy eGift cards which may rise up to 7%.
- The debit card is accepted in the U.S., as well you can pay with your mobile wallet.
What you have to do to Apply for a Go2Bank Credit Card:
First is that you need to have a Go2Bank account and that can be acquired through GO2bank.com or through the GO2bank app. After you have opened your account, you have to make some eligible deposits and you can apply for a credit card. The steps that need to be followed are –
- Login to your account.
- Go to the secured credit card section, you will see the Apply Now Click on it.
- Then you will need to fill in the details regarding your monthly income and expenses.
Now, after you have received your credit card you need to activate it for transactions. You need to follow the steps to activate your card-
- You need to log in to your account first.
- Then you have to follow the prompts to your account dashboard.
- Then you need to give your PIN.
- Now your card will get activated, and you have to make a security deposit of at least $100 by transferring money from your GO2 bank account.
Steps to follow to Activate your GO2Banks Card:
- Use your mobile phone or laptop and open a web browser and go to the activation page or you can directly go to the page using the link go2bank card activate.
- When you would enter the activation page, you have to fill in the credentials asked.
- Give your 16 digit card number, your CVV number (you will find it at the back of your card), your card’s expiry month, and expiry year.
- After you have filled in all the credentials you have to click on the option I’m not a robot, and then click on Continue.
- Then you have to follow the onscreen prompts shown and you will be able to activate your card.
Recovering your Email ID and password to log in:
- You have to go to the login webpage using your web browser or you can follow the link www.go2bank.com/activate.
- On the page, you will see the Login option at the top right. Click on it.
- You will then be taken to the next page and there you have to fill in the Email ID and the Password. (Somehow you are facing trouble logging in, then click on the Trouble Logging in, below the page)
- There you will be shown two options on a small window of your screen- Forgot your Email ID or Reset your Password.
- Choose accordingly to your requirement.
- Then you need to give in your card details and thus you can retrieve your Email Id or your Password.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q. How am I supposed to report if I lose my card or is stolen?
Ans. You need to call customer service on the number 855-459-1334 and request a card replacement.
- Q. How will I earn cashback?
Ans. You have to log in to your account through the mobile app and purchase eGift cards to have around 7% cashback.
- Q. Will I be charged for overdraft protection?
Ans. No, there will be no charges with the basic coverage level. No fees will be charged for transactions of $5 or less and there will be no fee charged that overdrafts your account balance for up to $100.
With these above guidelines, you will be able to activate your card. In case you face any problem, you can directly contact them through their help webpage www.go2bank.com/help/contact-us.
- After going to the webpage, the first option is to go through the FAQs, top questions, and quick help guides. You can directly click on them to go to the page and see if your problem is resolved or not.
- You can also choose to chat with them. For this, a chat icon will be shown on the screen at the bottom right. You need to click on it too. They are available from 5 am to 9 pm PST, 7 days a week. You can even log in to your account to chat with them.
- If you are unable to resolve your problem, you can give a call on their customer support number – 855-459-1334 from 5 am to 9 pm PST.
- You can even mail them in their maid ID GO@bank P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, CA 91117.