Process to Activate Green Dot Card Online – www.greendot.com/activate
Activate Green Dot Card:
The Green Dot Corporation is headquartered in Austin, Texas, U.S., which is an American bank holding and financial technology company. The company was founded in the year 1999 by Steve Streit and is one of the largest prepaid debit card company. This article is about the activation of the Green Dot Card, but also discusses the features of the different categories of card offered by them, modes of payment of the credit card bill and the procedure for the transfer of payment.
Features of Green Dot Prepaid Cards:
- You can have access to free online and mobile bill pay.
- The visa and the MasterCard are widely accepted among the merchants.
- You need to have a deposit of $1000 every month if you want to avoid a steep fee of $7.95.
- There is not free ATM network, and when you use it, you have to pay $ everytime, plus an additional charge for the ATM owner.
- You have to pay $5.95, if you are willing to load cash on your card at retailers.
- If you are withdrawing cash from a bank teller, then you have to pay $3.
- For the ones wanting to use paper checks, need to pay a total of $5.95 per dozen.
Features of Green Dot Credit Card:
- It is just like the other regular credit cards that will help you make purchases and also comes with other features, but there needs to be a security deposit that ranges from $200 and $5000.
- The credit card comes with annual fees, which is $39 for the Green Dot Visa Secured credit Card and Green Dot primor Visa Classic Secured Credit Card, and it is $49 for the Green Dot primor Visa Gold Secured Credit Card.
- There is a foreign transaction fee of 3% based upon the transaction money.
- The credit card has no extra benefits, but it has an APR that ranges from 19.99% to 9.99% according to the credit card you are using.
- There are no penalty APR on these cards, but you will be charged a late fee or penalty.
- These cards can help you become eligible for better cards.
Below given are some of the Green Dot debit Cards:
- Cash back Visa Debit Card – if you make some selected purchases, you can earn 2% cashback, you can make free ATM withdrawals, but the card comes with a monthly charge of $9.95.
- Visa Debit Card – with this card, you can check on your spending, and you need to have above $500 in your account.
- Pay as You Go Visa Debit Card – there is no monthly maintenance for the card, but whenever you use it, you have to pay $1.50 each time. Cash can be transferred and added for free at the participating retailers.
- 5% Cash Back Visa Debit Card – as the name suggests, you can have 5% cashback with this card when you make any purchase. You can have a yearly cashback reward of around $100. Two main thing about the card is that it has a monthly fee of $9.95 and $1.95 each time you use the card.
Activate Green Dot Card Online:
- Launch the web browser of your mobile or laptop and go to the secured site of the Green Dot at www.greendot.com/activate
- On the page, you first have to submit the 16 digit number of the card, expiration date and CVV number.
- Then you have to click on the Next button.
- Then on the next page, you have to give the details like your name, address, email id, date of birth, and mobile phone number.
- Then you have to hit the Continue button.
- After you are done, you might need to follow some prompts to complete the activation procedure of the Green Dot Card.
- Once the card is activated, it will be ready to use.
- First you have to make a call on the number 866-795-7605.
- Wait for the call to get connected with a representative and then you have to follow the instructions as said by the representative.
- Then you have to give your name, address, date of birth, 16 digit card number, expiration date, 3 digit security code which is found at the back of the card and the mobile phone number which is registered.
- It will take some time, and then your card will be activated and ready to use.
Mobile app (applicable for iOS and Android phones):
- Get your smartphone and download and install the Green Dot app.
- Then you have to launch the app, and then you have to click on the New Card in Hand?
- Then you have to give your 16 digit card number, CVV, Expiry date of the card and then hit the Next button.
- Then you have to give the additional information when prompted, and then after the verification of your details are made, your card will be activated.
Now, you have your credit card, and it is activated, now it is important to see the mode of payments of the bill available for the credit cards.
Methods of payment for the Credit Card:
- Online – you have to login to your online account and then click on Make Payment, and then need to follow the prompts to complete the payment procedure.
- By phone – you have to make a call on the number 1-800-768-9897, and when prompted, you need to give your card details for the deduction of payment to be made.
- Branch – you can visit the Green Dot branch during the business hours and make your payment from there.
- Mail – you have to send a money order or check to this address
Green Dot Bank:
P.O. Box 400
Provo, UT 84603-0400
Make sure to send no cash, and you need to send the check a few days earlier before the last date of payment because it will take some time to reach. You also need to mention the credit card number on the top of the check.
Methods of reloading the Green Dot Card:
- Green Dot Direct Deposit – this allows you to have your paycheck and other monthly government benefits that is directly deposited to your Green Dot Card. To get the entire amount deposited, you just have to give the employer or the benefits officer the Green Dot card’s Direct Deposit and the bank routing number, which is accessible by logging into your online account.
- Reload @ The Register – this service is applicable if you want to add the cash directly. You need to visit the participating retailers like the Ace Cash Express, CVS, K-Mart, Walmart, Family Dollar, Dollar General, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Safeway, Kroger and &-Eleven. You have to ask the retailer to add the cash to your card. You will be able to add from $20 till $1000, and you have to pay a reload fee of $4.95.
- Green Dot Bank Transfers – in this method, the money can be transferred from the checking or savings account, and you can transfer an amount up to $1000, and you don’t need to pay any charges for the transfer done. Depending on the nature of the bank, the money can be transferred within a day or it may take up to 3 days.
- Green Dot Send Money Service – this method allows you to transfer the money through email or text, where the money is deducted from the sender’s card automatically. A link comes on your mail or text that you need to click for claiming the money, and that need to be done within 10 days, otherwise the money will be transferred to sender. You can have a daily reload to the maximum amount of $2500. You need to be careful that you are sending the money to the right person. If the mail gets to the wrong person and is claimed, then there would be no reversal and the bank cannot be held responsible.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Q. Will I be able to get access to my funds if my card is stolen or lost?
Ans. You can use the Green Dot app to get your funds from Walmart. You have to get to the Manage Card section and has to follow the prompts that will generate a time sensitive barcode which will allow you to get your cash at Walmart. You need to pay a fee of $3.
- Q. Will my funds freeze during any disputes?
Ans. When any investigation for a dispute is going on, Green Dot will never freeze the funds. If any unauthorized transaction is noticed by you, then you have to order a new card that will make your current card invalid. It will take around 10 business days for the card to reach you.
If your follow the guidelines for the activation, then you will be able to activate your Green Dot card in no time.
Green Dot Customer Service:
- Online Chat – click on the help icon image to chat with them from 5 am to 9 pm for 7 days a week. To get the online chatting mode, you will have first log in and then start your chatting.
- Customer support contact number – 866-795-7597, from 5 am to 9 pm for 7 days a week.
- Mail – Green Dot Corporation, P.O. Box – 5100, Pasadena, CA 91117.